Taking a little break from the "cookie cutter" cookie, we have a little Shamrock Cookie treat for you to create with your family. Easy and fun to do, tasty, too, celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a family favorite from ECookieCutters.com....
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, extract and food coloring. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into three 8-in. logs; roll in colored sugar. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. To form shamrocks, place three slices with sides touching 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Use a portion of another slice for stem.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Enjoy Your Shamrock Cookies!
Looking for additional recipes? Check out All of our Cookie Recipes Here!